Back to Projects
A household name for the supply of equipment and resources for business felt that the washroom and teapoint facilities at its UK head office in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, were outdated and required complete redesign and upgrading. This would both benefit its employees and stakeholders, and reflect the company's position as a supplier of leading edge technology. For example, the female washrooms were of insufficient size and there was a need to install washrooms for the disabled on the first, second and third floors of the building.
Glenside was appointed to carry out this major project and we ensured that work was planned and carried out in such way as to minimise disruption to the client's activities.
The project included the design and completion of a broad scope of works including:
- Building control and structural approval negotiated and agreed
- Washroom & teapoint design actioned and selection of finishes chosen
- Partitioning systems installed to form washrooms and teapoint areas
- Minor demolition works carried out to extend washrooms
- Floorcoverings selected and laid
- Ceilings, made good and decorated
- Power and data reconfigured to suit new layout
- New LED lighting fitted
- Ventilation and plumbing alterations and installations undertaken to suit new layout
- Alterations made to sprinkler and fire alarm systems
- Tea point cabinetry supplied and installed
- Instant boiling and chilled water taps fitted.
The work at the client's office building covered an area of approx. 2,900 square feet across four floors and was phased over a 22-week period.
Click on any image to enlarge